The Gujarat Veterinary Council, Gandhinagar
- The Gujarat Veterinary Council is a Statutory Body.
- Gujarat State has adopted the Indian Veterinary Council Act,1984 in the year-2000.
- Since its inception, the State Council is receiving 50% grants-in-aid from the Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India and 50% grant-in-aid from State Government under the plan Scheme-"Professional Efficiency development Programme"
- The council have eleven members in its executive committee.
- Composition of State Council
- Four members elected(from among themselves by Veterinary practitioners registered in the State Veterinary register)
- Two members of the heads of veterinary institutions, if any, in the State, ex-officio;
- Three members nominated by the State Government;
- The Director of Veterinary Services of the State (by whatever name called), ex-officio;
- One member to be nominated by the State Veterinary Association, if any;
- Registrar of the State Veterinary Council, ex officio.
- To prepare and maintain state veterinary Practitioner register
- To regulate Veterinary Practice in the State.
- To lay down the standards of professional Conduct, etiquette and code of ethics.
- To advise state Government on all regulatory matters concerning Veterinary practice and Education
- To make activities for welfare & professional Development of Veterinarians.
- Gujarat Veterinary Council has been registering veterinary graduates, framed its rules and approved by Government of Gujarat on date 08/01/2007
Saving To The Producer & Safety To The Consumer